Welcome to the Eastlake
Police Department's website
City of Eastlake Police Department - 35150 Lakeshore Boulevard, Eastlake, OH 44095
Emergency: Dial 9-1-1 - Business Phone: 440-951-1400 - Fax: 440-951-7781
History of the Eastlake Police Department
The first police chief for the Village of Eastlake was Richard Taylor. He started as chief in 1949, working for no pay and using his own car to patrol the village streets.
The village officially became a city in 1955. Chief Taylor and his part-time policemen worked out of the first police station, a small building at the intersections of Roberts Road, Beachpark, and Lakeshore Boulevard. The police station consisted of a small room that contained a desk, two chairs, and two file cabinets. The rest of the building was the city hall and clerk’s office. The building later became Steve’s Barbershop.
The second police station was a little larger room in a concrete building that also was used as the city hall and clerk’s office. This station had its first prison holding cell, a steel cage constructed in a section of the Hinkle service garage. The location of this building was known as the Hinkle Block and it is located across from the Subway shop on Lakeshore Boulevard.
To serve and protect persons and property in Eastlake in accordance with federal, state and local laws and ordinances; To be responsive to the citizens of Eastlake and its government; To cooperate with various governmental agencies, not restricted to Eastlake, when such cooperation is desirable and/or necessary.
The mission is to be accomplished by maintaining the highest ethical standards of conduct: by safeguarding citizens' rights, applying the law with consistency, and treating the public with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
Searches Eastlake Police